- Cash or checks are usually the way most people at HCC give. Checks are made out to HCC and can be given on Sunday mornings or mailed to the office at 8502 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor WA 98332. A receipt at the end of the year will be emailed to you or you can print one out online at HCCtoday.org. To be included in this year’s giving checks must be postmarked by Dec. 31st.
- Online Giving has grown this past year as a secure and consistent way to give. Close to 50% of HCC attendees give online. You can set your account up at HCCtoday.org under online giving and click the “recurring” giving option. Then you can determine the amount you want you to give and whether you’d like to give weekly or monthly. Each time your card is debited you will receive an email notifying you and your giving will be accounted for in your giving receipt. Simply click the GIVE button at top of this page.
- Appreciated stocks and securities which may be a good thing this year. You may have assets that have grown in value such as stocks, mutual funds, bonds that can bring you a greater tax saving. If you have owned such assets for more than a year, you may deduct the full value on the date of transfer, even if they were purchased at a lower price. This kind of donation is a great way to give a growing asset without paying the capital gains tax, yet receive a tax deduction for the full value. Email us at office@HCCtoday.org if you’d like give this way.
- Gifts of Life Insurance can be made by designating HCC as your beneficiary. Premium payments are tax-deductible up to the legal limit and the entire value of the policy is set up as a gift from the start of the policy.
- Property can also be donated. You can generally deduct the fair market value of assets you donate. To determine the fair market value of certain items, such as gems, boats, works of art and real estate, the IRS requires a professional appraisal, which we can take care of for you.
- Bequests: Making a bequest by writing a gift to Harbor Christian Center in your will is an excellent way to benefit the future ministry of HCC.
*Should you have any questions feel free to call us at 253.853.4787 or email us at office@HCCtoday.org.